With summer almost over, we’re busy wondering about how to keep warm in the winter. But this summer got me thinking about economical ways to keep cool without spending too much money, burning fossil fuels, or suffering unduly.
This is what I came up with so far:
- 1. High Ceilings with lots of ventilation from windows;
- 2. Good ceiling fans that help to circulate the air through the house;
- 3. Solar powered floor fans that keep air moving in other rooms;
- 4. Non-eletric dehumidifying equipment to keep the air reasonably dry;
- 5. Better reflective/insulation to keep heat out in summer and in during winter.
So far I can’t think of any ways to run AC economically or environmentally, unless the power comes from some kind of renewable resources. Suggestions?