Is it hard for you to ignore the phone?

By | July 13, 2011

[quote] I know it is hard, like not answering the phone[/quote]

Funny. I have no problem ignoring the phone, hacking up when it’s a scam or sales call (even in the middle of a sentence), or deleting unwanted spam/mailbox messages. It’s difficult for the person sending such calls/email/etc. to handle things when you refuse to bite the bait.

So, if you get a call that you don’t want from a scammer/sales call, just hang up. You don’t have to be polite, you don’t have to apologize. Just say “Don’t call again. Goodbye.” Simple. Sweet.

Nowadays, I screen most phone calls to both mobile/home/office, as well as emails. Unwanted mail goes in the trash.

It’s quite simple: those who have to contact you will contact you whatever happens. Those who are trying something on will probably move onto better targets. Just ignore those who are more stubborn.

I encourage you to harden your heart and do the same. It’s fear of missing something important that leaves you wanting to open every email, reply to every message, and answer every call. 99% of the time it is not true. The other 1% you will deal with.